By: Rebekah Meier
Looking for a last minute Easter craft that is super simple and fast? These Gilded Easter Eggs are just what you need!
With Easter literally right around the corner, the timing is perfect for creating these Gilded Easter Eggs. After all, it’s just not possible to have too many Easter decorations, right?
All you need are a few simple supplies and a little bit of time and you’ll have some of the most beautiful homemade Easter decorations with ease. While these aren’t the type of eggs you would hunt and find filled with candy, they certainly look beautiful placed on a mantle or as a centerpiece for a lovely spring dinner.
Showcase your crafting skills by making these beautiful Gilded Easter Eggs. Watch the video for instructions on how you can make them too! This is one simple craft that you can use for Easter decorations over and over again.
To purchase Mixed Media Foil (Antique Pearl) and Mixed Media Adhesive go to thermowebonline.com.
- Rebekah Meier Designs Transfer Foil 6" x 6" (12 sheets per pack) Antique Pearl (Satin) for Therm O Web
- Rebekah Meier Designs Mixed Media Medium Jar 4 fl oz for Therm O Web
- 2” paper mache eggs
- Cosmetic sponge or brush
- Bamboo skewer
- Using the sharp end of scissors, poke a small hole in the bottom of paper mache egg.
- Insert the pointed end of bamboo skewer into the hole.
- Load cosmetic sponge with Mixed Media Medium and apply a thin even coat onto egg.
- Let medium dry to TACKY.
- Place foil, shiny side up, onto sticky egg and lift. Continue adding foil to egg until happy with results.
- For a variation, try mixing foil colors such as New Penny, Old Gold, Vintage Tin, and Patina.