- Rebekah Meier Skylight stencil #TCW801s by The Crafter’s Workshop
- iCraft Pixie Spray by Therm O Web, light tack repositionable adhesive for stencils
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics, Dark Grey Value 3 and Paynes Grey
- Golden Matte Medium
- Book pages
- Chip brush
- Cosmetic sponge
- Using a cosmetic sponge and matte medium, apply book pages to the body of the birdhouse. Let dry.
- Dilute white paint slightly with water to create a whitewash consistency. Paint a coat of whitewash onto the body of the birdhouse covering the book pages. Let dry.
- Paint the roof of the birdhouse with white paint. Let dry.
- Spray stencil with Pixie Spray. Wrap adhesive side down, onto the rood of the birdhouse. Press with hands.
- Using a cosmetic sponge, apply dark grey paint to the roof, through the stencil. Continue to sponge dark grey paint onto the remaining areas of the roof.
- Sponge smudges of grey paint around the base of the birdhouse, hole, and perch.
If using the birdhouse outside apply a coat of varnish appropriate for outside use
Other Rebekah Meier stencil choices could be:
- TCW643 Infinite Lace
- TCW462 Stained Glass
- TCW461 Rosetta
- TCW802 Prismatic
- TCW857 Sunflower Mandala
- TCW775s Scalloped Mandala