Hi Everyone! I am so excited that Fabric Elements is now available!!!!
You can find all details here on Fabric Editions website. We are also having a Creative Challenge. Make sure
to check out the details at the end of this post. I would love to see what you create!!
- Tissue pack
- Lace Trim
- Pellon® EZ Steam II ™
- 4 – 10 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ pieces of canvas
- Art Anthology spray Avocado
- Dye-na-Flow, turquoise
- Metallic gold acrylic
- 2 paper flowers
- 1 brad
- Sewing machine
- Neutral color thread
1. Cut one 10 1/2” x 5 1/2” from Peltex. This will be the book cover.
2. Cut two 10 1/2” x 5 1/2” from Papillon FQ.
3. Cut two 10 1/2” x 5 1/2” sheets from EZ Steam II double sided fusible web. Remove one side of film revealing a sticky side. Place one side of Peltex down onto sticky film. Trim any excess if necessary. Repeat with remaining side of Peltex and EZ Steam II. Hand press any wrinkles. Use a hot iron to completely fuse the fabric to Peltex book cover.
4. Machine stitch 1/8” from edge of book cover. ex.2
5. Measure the center of book and mark. Machine stitch down the center approximately 10 times. Stitch back and forth down the center, creating a spine. ex.1
6. Spray each side of book cover with color. Let dry completely. ex.5
7. From canvas fabric, cut four 10” x 5” pages. Place two of the pages together, machine stitch each 10” side. ex.3.
8. Machine stitch down the center horizontally. This will create pockets for the tags. ex.4
9. Place the two pages on top of each other, making sure the edges are even. Place the pages onto the center of book cover. Machine stitch down the center, securing the pages to the book. ex.7
10. Apply EZ Steam II to Tissue Paper and cut one 4 1/2” square. Apply color to the Tissue using Memento Luxe ink. ex.8 Remove remaining film and place onto the center of book cover.
11. Measure around book and cut from elastic lace. Place flowers on top of each other and secure with a brad closure. Glue flowers to the lace. This will be the closure for the book.
Creative Challenge Guidelines:
1. Create a project using at least 2 of the products from the Fabric Elements collection, available in Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft stores in the quilting section.
2. Share finished project image on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with #FabricElements, anytime between September 1 and September 24. Fabric Editions will find them in social media, or you can email them to: email@example.com and they will be posted.
Rebekah Meier’s will choose the top 20 entries on September 24, 2015. The finalists’ project photos will be posted in Fabric Editions Facebook page for voting. Voting ends September 29, and the winner will be announced September 30, 2015. The photo with the most “likes” wins!
Each of the 20 finalists will receive a copy of Rebekah Meier’s book, “Techniques For Mixed Media”
The Grand Prize Winner will receive 1 of each the items in the Fabric Elements product line, plus a Fabi Sizzix cutter and 3 dies: Prize valued at $379.00 (no cash prizes).
· Fabi Sizzix Machine
· 3 Bigz-Dies,
· Techniques For Mixed Media Book by Rebekah Meier
· 6 Colored fat quarters: yellow, pink, orange, blue, purple, green
· 6 white on white fat quarters
· Waffle Muslin
· 3 Stencils
· Canvas Banners
· Burlap Banners
· Pellon EZ-Steam II
· Canvas Tags
· Tissue Paper
· Wool Felt
· 9 Bottles of Jacquard Dye-Na-Flow Fluid Acrylic Textile paint
The products are in Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft stores on September 1 and on joann.com.
Blog and more about Fabric Elements: http://blog.fabriceditions.com/index.php/fabric-elements-august-2015/