Ann Butler’s New Designs for Unity Stamps

Pillow created with Faux Quilting Stamps

Pillow created with Faux Quilting Stamps

5-1-13 ANN-1030A-DIAMONDS-PLAID-small

I am so excited to be a part of the blog hop launching my good friend Ann Butler’s new Faux Quilting stamp designs with Unity Stamp Company©.  Congratulations to Ann for these awesome stamps!  Being that I love to create my own fabrics and materials, I chose to create my own custom fabric using Ann’s stamp designs.

5-1-13 ink and stamps

I used all of the stamps designs along with Versa Magic ink.  The ink is archival and suitable for fabric (I used plain cotton muslin).  Just to be sure I heat set the ink with an iron with no steam.

Simply stamp combinations of the stamps in various squares.  I have to admit it was very zen like creating this fabric, and how easy it came together.

5-1-13 layered fabric with batting

Patchwork fabric

I wanted a “quilty” look to this project and decided to use thread to highlight the lines between the stamped designs.  My fabric was layered with batting and another piece of muslin.  I then used different colors of thread to stitch up and down and across the fabric.

Thread stitched lines

Thread stitched lines

I loved how this fabric turned out.  It reminds me of the 30’s and 40’s vintage colors and designs.  My big decision was what to make from this cool fabric.

Pillow created with Faux Quilting Stamps

Pillow created with Faux Quilting Stamps

I decided to make a pillow.  I cut the fabric down to a 12″ x 12″ square, set it face down onto a piece of felt the same size.  Then machine stitched around the square, leaving a 3″ opening.  I then  clipped the corners corners  and turned the pillow right side out.  Stuff the pillow with your choice of polyester fiberfil.

Finally,   I created more fabric and free motioned stitched flowers for the center of the pillow.  I used cookie cutter shapes as my pattern.

Unity Coupon 150offcorrected

Best of all, Unity is offering a 50% off coupon for anyone ordering Ann Butler’s stamps between Thursday May 2, – Monday May 6 at midnight CST….the coupon code is Unity5

Related posts:

Comments:

1. Ann Butler says:

I absolutely Love Love Love this project, it is absolutely stunning…….like all of your work! Thank you so much for being part of the hop Rebekah!,

2. perfectly plush – very sweet

3. Rebekah these stamps are really awesome. Getting ready to order me a couple of them to play with. Thank you for sharing the info on the stamps and also the coupon code for a discount…it’s like buy 1 get I free with the coupon. Have a great weekend and I shall hop onward.

4. This is perfection. It looks like every piece was individually sewn. What a great gift it would make.

5. Just stunning as all your work is, the vintagey feel love it!

6. debraqceo says:

Just stunning as all your work is! Love the vintagey feel!

7. This is the most beautiful pillow. I love how you made it from these stamps. So unique and pretty. 🙂

8. cindibisson says:

Absolutely GORGEOUS!

9. This is such a lovely project – it looks like you spend hours cutting and sewing in a “traditional” way – and it is simply one Piece. Ann’s stamps look like fun !

10. Madeline Arendt says:

Well all I can say is absolutely lovely like everything you do!

11. Jean Bullock says:

Oh, I saw this on Facebook earlier today. I do believe I said I want it. LOL. I love it. At the time I had no idea this was done with stamps. It’s awesome. Must pin it.

12. Kristin Kelly says:

Love the use of the stamps! A beautiful pillow:)

13. Great project – hard to imagine it’s made using stamps!

14. Rebekah, the colors and pattern are gorgeous!

15. That’s gorgeous ! Just realised I did add you to the rota but forgot to leave you comment, be mad ! 🙁 Thanks for sharing your wonderful project ! X

16. This is such a wonderful project, Rebekah. It looks like the fabric came that way! Plus, you inspire me to learn how to sew better!

17. Lucy E. says:

Gorgeous pillow!

18. So very pretty, Rebekah. Love the stamping and stitching!

19. Adorable project and great stamps!!!!

20. Wonderful article! This is the kind of information that should be shared around
    the internet. Disgrace on Google for not positioning this submit higher!
    Come on over and consult with my web site . Thanks =)

Trackbacks

1. […] To start the hop off I created a Quilted Pillow which was inspired by a Quilted Pillow created by Rebekah Meier for a hop we did last May…..you can check it out here! […]

2. […] Posted on November 14, 2014 by Ann Butler I love making projects that are quick and easy yet look like they took more time to make then they actually did.  This Quilted Pillow is a perfect example and would make a wonderful gift.  It was inspired by a Quilted Pillow created by my creative girlfriend Rebekah Meier for a blog hop using my Faux Quilting line of rubber stamps from Unity Stamp Company …..you can check out her pillow here! […]